Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Next Day

Since I did not ski the Birkie, I still wanted to enjoy some of the winter activities that the general area offered. I wanted to go snowshoeing. I brought the snowshoes in the car, just in case.

We found a nice little park along the road home that had some snowshoeing trails. The one we took went along a little creek, and then went along the Birkie trail. This was very good information to have if I am ever again the official photographer. I can snowshoe into the race course and take some pictures.

I was having all kinds of fun with my snowshoes - running and skipping along the trail.

Nate, however, was not in the same state of mind. His legs were sore from the day before, but we figured it was a good idea for him to get out and walk a bit, so that he didn't get leg cramps from all of the sitting in the car. So, he let me have all of the fun and just made sure that I didn't get hurt. We both made it home just fine.

No comments: