Monday, March 16, 2009

Little Luxuries

One of the little luxuries that we decided to splurge on for our new bathrooms is to have heated tile floors. I had put one into my basement bathroom in my previous house and loved it.

We got the kind that you can add a real thermostat to, so that we can set it to the exact temperature that we want. Since we were putting in brand-new tile floors, it was very easy to get laid out.

Once the heating cables were put down, it was on with the installation of the tile. It took quite a while for me to figure out how I wanted the pattern to go, as of course I changed my mind after we got the tile. We ended up going with a rather Mayan-influenced design. I like it alot, and it will look quite nice once the fixture are put in.

The "playpen" for the tub came in quite handy for putting the tile up on the walls to make the shower surround. It also made it much easier for me to get up near the ceiling to put the grout in.

Finally things are starting to look like there might be a bathroom under all of this.

No comments: