Friday, May 29, 2009

Flower Power

I decided to take a bit of a break from working on the house projects to play in my gardens. They are immense. In fact, there is more garden here than the size of my entire previous lot, I think. This makes for a lot of weeds, but also makes for a lot of flowers. Part of last summer I spent trying to identify what exactly I had in my gardens. Mostly weeds, but a few nice flowering plants.

Here are some that have bloomed quite nicely this year.

Daffodils
(much earlier than this, but they fit nicely in this post)
Bachelor's Buttons
(aka Cornflower)

Bleeding Heart

Bearded Iris
(Purple)

Johnny-Jump-Ups
(which I didn't know were perennials here)

Peonies

(I have both pink and white, but only have the pink in the picture)

Climbing Roses

Giant Allium

1 comment:

Katie said...

So pretty! And great to see an update. It's too bad blogger is being so weird for you. The stairs are looking great. Although, if you have a puppy dog, stairs with no carpet do usually present a problem. But we're excited for you. Chris and I will definitely have to visit this summer.